Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blooming Tea




I have been a tea drinker from the time I was a little girl. I will use tea bags when I am in a hurry, but if I have the time, I like to use whole loose tea leaves. Harney and Sons is one of my favorite vendors. The pricing is a little more but the flavor you get from steeping the whole leaves instead of the crumbs that you get with a regular tea bag is beyond compare.




I have found a new form of tea. They are called blooming teas. They are a pod of individual tea leaves tied together with silk thread and as they steep they unfurl into a beautiful flower. I have seen them before and have wanted to get them, but just didn't. So, while shopping at my favorite store (TJ Max) yesterday, I came across a whole bunch of them. The names are rather cool and enticing, Seven Fairies, Spring Delight, Good Luck Bloom, Flower of Wealth and Love & Beauty. I would have to buy them for the names alone. Don't you agree??? The best way to steep them is in a glass tea pot, because you're going to want to watch the show. So I thought, OK, I've got lots of tea pots but none are clear, well on second thought I might have one in storage, but who knows what box that would be in. Well, lo and behold, I found one glass tea pot at the same store. Meant to be I'd say!!!!!! Anyway, I'm anxious to try them and I'll let you know. It might have to be a group event. Boy, I need a life!!!!!!!

No comments: