Who knew doughnuts could look so elegant
* 1 container creamy white frosting
* 2 (13-ounce) boxes mini powdered sugar doughnuts or donut holes (recommended: Hostess)
* Green jelly candy mint leaves
* Blue jelly beans
Special equipment: styrofoam cone and toothpicks
Fill a zip top bag with icing. Snip a small corner of the bag to make a piping bag.
Place the styrofoam cone on a plate and frost with icing. Starting at the base and working up, secure mini doughnuts to the cone with toothpicks. Using the piping bag fill in the gaps between doughnuts with icing.
In the larger gaps between the doughnuts, place candy mint leaves secured with toothpicks and blue jelly beans.
What a cute way to satisfy your sweet tooth
No snow? No problem. Whether you live in a Sun Belt state or a snowy state, your kids can easily build their own mini versions of Frosty.
* Small powdered doughnut
* Powdered doughnut hole
* Decorators' gel
* Pretzel or potato stick
* Haviland Thin Mint
* Reese's peanut butter cup miniature
Set a powdered doughnut hole atop a mini powdered doughnut. (For a taller version, use a pretzel stick or a potato stick to secure a second doughnut hole atop the first.)
Use decorators' gel to add a face, buttons, and a carrot nose. (If the gel won't stick, try smoothing the powder with a dab of water first.)
To add a top hat to a shorter snowman, stick a small piece of a pretzel or potato stick through a Haviland Thin Mint and into a Reese's peanut butter cup miniature, then secure the hat in place on the snowman.
- 3 powdered sugar doughnuts (graduated sizes from 2 to 3 inches if possible)
- 1 powdered sugar doughnut hole or mini doughnut
- 5 mini chocolate chips
- 1 orange-mint Tic Tac
- 1 piece (10 to 12 inches) "fruit by the foot" fruit roll
- 3 gumdrops
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 starlight mint
- On a small plate, stack the three doughnuts to form body of snowman. Place doughnut hole on top for head. Add chocolate chip buttons and eyes and an orange-mint nose.
- Make 1-in. cuts on both ends of the fruit roll to form scarf fringe; wrap scarf around neck. Press a gumdrop onto each pretzel to form mittens; press pretzel arms into body. Top with a hat made from a mint and a gumdrop. Yield: 1 snowman.
These little guys were made with marzipan, but looks like doughnut holes would do the trick