Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beach Cottage Love

I find that I am drawn to a beach cottage. As I was looking at property my heart came to a stop as I gazed upon some charming little cottages. I want to peek inside, walk from room to room, look out the windows and try out the porch. I want to picture myself living there. See my furniture all arranged and flowers on the table. I want my bed beneath the eaves. Flowing gauzy fabric at the window that billow with the wind. I want to smell the ocean and hear the waves. I want to sip my tea and watch the sun rise on my front porch and sip my wine as I watch the sun set in the ocean. I want to hear my wind chimes in the breeze. I want to paint my porch ceiling blue. I want hanging ferns. I want a porch swing with beautiful pillows. I want shells on my windowsill. I want to sit on the porch and watch my neighbors walk their dogs. I want.......














Till next time, Happy Decorating

7 comments:

a quiet life said...

i just love when a collection of things i adore are in one place! i swear the 2nd from the bottom is carmel by the sea, every house there steals my heart. wonderful post, now i can hope for sweet cottage dreams~

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What wonderful little cottages. They are all just beautiful and so look like a dream. Hugs, Marty

SmilingSally said...

Ah, lovely, just lovely.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

There are at least 3 of four of those I can't live without!

Brenda Heisler said...

Wonderful photos of cottages. I also love the Valentine's Day photos. I'm going to try the votive candles with sprinkles. Love simple ideas like that.

Your blog is a complete joy!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Me, too! Me, too! Can I come, too? I love everyone of those adorable cottages. My next house will be a cottage! :-)
Oh, almost forgot...you've heard why the porch ceilings are painted blue, right? I love the old folk lore and supersticions. Susan

Anonymous said...

I am in love with my shabby beach cottage by the seaside in a busy little town. The fresh air, the pounding of the waves; it is bliss.

Time for my beach cottage walk along the seashore.