Metamorphosis Monday hosted by: Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
Take a jog over to Susan's to view more spectacular transformations
Supplies & tools
- serving tray
- old plant stand
- steel wool (I used #0 grade)
- rag or paper towel
- spray paint
- Scotch Reclosable Fasteners
1. After cleaning and drying the plant stand, rub all the edges with steel wool to remove rust and flaking paint. (This is the most laborious part of the project.)
2. Vacuum and wipe it down with a damp rag to remove all the steel wool lint.
3. Take the plant stand outdoors to spray paint. Lay down newspaper underneath it, covering the surrounding area to protect from overspray. Follow the instructions on the can of paint. Flip the plant stand over and paint the underside as well.4. Cut inch-long pieces of the hook-and-loop fasteners. Peel off the backing. Stick hook side to top of plant stand.
5. Flip the plant stand over, and stick the loop side to the bottom of the tray.
Tonight is trash night, I think I'll do a drive by. Last week I found a wall fountain in the trash. I was coming home at midnight with my three pups. What is that I said? I know it's dark but, could it be. Yes, it's a fountain. But I was tired, my contacts were sticking to my eyeballs. It can't be any good, I said. I'm too tired to go around the block. The pups wanted to go to bed. But, I couldn't just leave it there in the dark. It needed a home, my home to feel loved. So, with eye drops in place I drove back to take a peek. The pups started to cry when I drove past our house. But, they have lived with their Mom long enough to know that there was no stopping me. Yippe Skippy, it is a fountain and nothing is wrong with it. Today it gets a home on the front of my house. I think I see it smiling. It does have a face so I'm sure that was a smile. Anybody want to go trash picking with me tonight? We can go in our jammies, I've done that before. Remember, it's dark, we don't want anyone to know we trash pick. They probably think we shop at some swanky upscale store. We do, don't we? It just happens to come second hand. I won't tell if you don't.
Till next time, Happy Decorating