Sunday, December 28, 2008

Vintage Angel Under Glass







I stopped by one of my local thrift stores and came across two of these lovely glass houses. This is the larger of the two and they both have a crystal drop in the center. I knew that I had to have it and create a display for Christmas. I just didn't know what I was going to put in it? As I rounded the corner of the store I spied the Christmas section with everything 50% off. On a little shelf in the corner sat this graceful angel and she whispered to me, that she in fact, was waiting for me and hoped that she could be part of my Christmas. I just love her and she even has lights. I added some shimmery fabric under her and added a beaded dragonfly so she wouldn't be lonely. I love the way she looks at night. The best part it was only 10.00 for everything. LOVE that.

The smaller of the two sits on my dining room table. I decided to place my vintage paper mache santa along with a blue velvet gift in this little lovely. The santa was my Grandmothers and was a candy container. The candy was placed in the chimney. I really never know what to do with it, but it has a special place of honor under the glass. A little bit of faux ice around the base finishes it off.
Kathleen


3 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Kathleen...love your little glass houses...and the angel and Santa underneath or just perfect! What a great find...and unbelievable deal! I think that little angel was just waiting for you to rescue her and take her home. :-) Susan

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Hi...I love your little vignettes on the old dresser...so pretty!

kymber said...

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for stopping by and visiting! It looks like we have a few things in common. I look forward to reading more about you through yur blog. I have so enjoyed this new outlet and I am sure you will too! It's such a nice way to make new friends.
Blessings
Kymber